We sincerely hope that judges will avail themselves of our upcoming seminars, or if that’s not possible, the study material that can be downloaded below. If your judges group would be interested in a presentation, please contact Chris Levy, Judges Education Chair.
There is also an AKC Canine College course on the Pumi. The cost is $75 and you can register for the course here.
The club members are very concerned that the Pumi coat will be improperly prepared by handlers who don’t understand this type of coat. Please review The Pumi Coat & Colors to understand how the coat should be presented in the ring.
Oregon Dog Judges Advanced Judges Institute for Herding Breeds. The Pumi, Puli, and Mudi will be presented independently on Thursday, January 19, 2023, with a comparison presentation during the lunch hour. More information is available at https://oregondogjudges.org/.
Interested in Judging a Sweepstakes?
The HPCA holds two independent specialties (one national, one regional) with its National (Pumifest) and at least 1 other designated specialty in Orlando in December. If you are interested in judging one of these sweepstakes, click on the link to fill out the form. We will keep your response for 2 years. If you are still interested in 2 years, you must reapply.
– AKC Pumi Standard
– PowerPoint presentation
– Pumi Webinar (May 1, 2020)
– Pumi Canine College Breed Course ($75)
– The Pumi Coat & Colors (2022) NEW!
– Quick Reference Guide (2020)
– Judging Updates on the Pumi (ShowSight 2019)
– An Introduction to the Pumi (ShowSight May 2014)
– Judging the Pumi (Herding Dog Digest 2016)
– Considerations in Judging the Pumi (2016)
– Permissible Pumi Colors Chart
– ShowSight’s compilation of articles on the Pumi
Other Interesting Information
– An Introduction to the Pumi (Canine Chronicle 2015)
– Comparison of the AKC Pumi, Puli, and Mudi Standards
– The Pumi Coat and Its Grooming
– Herding Sport and Tradition Preserving in Hungary
– Judging the Pumi (ShowSight May 2014)
– Living with a Pumi (ShowSight January 2016)
– The Pumi PowerPoint presentation in PDF (There are videos on the Slideshare.net site that won’t be available on the PDF)
– Herding with the Pumi (Hungarian site in English)
If you would like a copy of the PowerPoint Educational CD, contact Chris Levy
For further information, contact Chris Levy, Judges Education Coordinator
Parent Club Approved Mentors
|Oregon||Chris Levy (JEC)||email@example.com||(503) 569-0147|
|Tom Levyfirstname.lastname@example.org||(503) 932-2918|
|Ginger Butleremail@example.com||(541) 870-1688|
|South Carolina||Meir Ben-Drorfirstname.lastname@example.org||(864) 313-6788|
|Nancy Ben-Droremail@example.com||(864) 313-8185|
|Virginia||Debra Thorntonfirstname.lastname@example.org||(434) 286-9504|