We sincerely hope that judges will avail themselves of our upcoming seminars, or if that’s not possible, the study material that can be downloaded below. If your judges group would be interested in a presentation, please contact Chris Levy, Judges Education Chair.
The club members are very concerned that the Pumi coat will be improperly prepared by handlers who don’t understand this type of coat. Please review The Pumi Coat and Its Grooming to understand how the coat should be presented in the ring.
September 18, 2020 in conjunction with the National Specialty. Contact Chris Levy for further information.
Interested in Judging a Sweepstakes?
The HPCA holds two independent specialties (one national, one regional) with its National (Pumifest) and at least 1 other designated specialty in Orlando in December. If you are interested in judging one of these sweepstakes, click on the link to fill out the form. We will keep your response for 2 years. If you are still interested in 2 years, you must reapply.
– AKC Pumi Standard
– PowerPoint presentation
– Pumi Webinar (May 1, 2020)
– Pumi Canine College ($50)
– Judge’s Quick Reference Guide (2020) NEW!
– An Introduction to the Pumi (ShowSight May 2014)
– Judging the Pumi (Herding Dog Digest 2016)
– Considerations in Judging the Pumi (AKC judges blog)
– Permissible Pumi Colors Chart
– The Pumi Coat and Its Grooming
All judges should read this to understand the properly-presented exhibit. Coat preparation is a major concern of the HPCA as they are NOT to be blown dry and sculpted. This article will help you understand the properly groomed coat.
Other Interesting Information
– An Introduction to the Pumi (Canine Chronicle 2015)
– Comparison of the AKC Pumi and Puli Standards and the FCI Mudi Standard
– Herding Sport and Tradition Preserving in Hungary
– Judging the Pumi (ShowSight May 2014)
– Living with a Pumi (ShowSight January 2016)
– The Pumi PowerPoint presentation in PDF (There are videos on the Slideshare.net site that won’t be available on the PDF)
– Herding with the Pumi (Hungarian site in English)
If you would like a copy of the PowerPoint Educational CD, contact Chris Levy
For further information, contact Chris Levy, Judges Education Coordinator
Parent Club Approved Mentors
|Florida||Ginger Butlerfirstname.lastname@example.org||(541) 870-1688|
|Oregon||Chris Levy (JEC)||email@example.com||(503) 569-0147|
|Tom Levyfirstname.lastname@example.org||(503) 932-2918|
|South Carolina||Meir Ben-Droremail@example.com||(864) 313-6788|
|Nancy Ben-Drorfirstname.lastname@example.org||(864) 313-8185|
|Virginia||Debra Thorntonemail@example.com||(434) 286-9504|