We sincerely hope that judges will avail themselves of our upcoming seminars, or if that’s not possible, the study material that can be downloaded below. If your judges group would be interested in a presentation, please contact Chris Levy, Judges Education Chair.
The club members are very concerned that the Pumi coat will be improperly prepared by handlers who don’t understand this type of coat. Please review The Pumi Coat and Its Grooming to understand how the coat should be presented in the ring.
In conjunction with Pumifest, the National Specialty (September 21-24, 2017)
September 23, 2017
Clark County Event Center, 17402 NE Delfel Rd, Ridgefield, WA 98642
Seminar and Hands-on Workshop
Following the seminar and workshop will be 4-6 Puppy, Sweepstakes, lunch, then regular classes.
For any additional questions, contact Chris Levy, JEC, email@example.com.
The cost is $15.
Go to our Pumifest store at http://pumiclub.org/events/2017-pumifest/register/ to sign up for the seminar and any other events you’d like to attend. Or you can contact Chris to sign up.
– AKC Pumi Standard
– PowerPoint presentation on Slideshare.net
– An Introduction to the Pumi (ShowSight May 2014)
– Judging the Pumi (Herding Dog Digest 2016)
– Considerations in Judging the Pumi (AKC judges blog)
– Permissible Pumi Colors Chart
– The Pumi Coat and Its Grooming
All judges should read this to understand the properly-presented exhibit. Coat preparation is a major concern of the HPCA as they are NOT to be blown dry and sculpted. This article will help you understand the properly groomed coat.
Other Interesting Information
– An Introduction to the Pumi (Canine Chronicle 2015)
– Comparison of the AKC Pumi and Puli Standards and the FCI Mudi Standard
– Herding Sport and Tradition Preserving in Hungary
– Judging the Pumi (ShowSight May 2014)
– Living with a Pumi (ShowSight January 2016)
– The Pumi PowerPoint presentation in PDF (There are videos on the Slideshare.net site that won’t be available on the PDF)
– Herding with the Pumi (Hungarian site in English)
If you would like a copy of the PowerPoint Educational CD, contact Chris Levy
For further information, contact Chris Levy, Judges Education Coordinator
Parent Club Approved Mentors
|Florida||Ginger Butlerfirstname.lastname@example.org||(541) 870-1688|
|Oregon||Chris Levy (JEC)||email@example.com||(503) 569-0147|
|Tom Levyfirstname.lastname@example.org||(503) 932-2918|
|South Carolina||Meir Ben-Droremail@example.com||(864) 313-6788|
|Nancy Ben-Drorfirstname.lastname@example.org||(864) 313-8185|
|Virginia||Debra Thorntonemail@example.com||(434) 286-9504|