Membership in the HPCA
We welcome everyone who supports the goals of the club, whether you’re a Pumi owner, a possibly a future Pumi owner, or a Pumi supporter. You must be in good standing with the American Kennel Club, and there must be 2 current HPCA members who support your joining the club. Once you’ve joined, we hope you will take the opportunity to volunteer and help with the work of the club. We are all volunteers, doing this for the love of the breed and we’d love for you to join us.
- To encourage and promote quality in the breeding of purebred Pumik and to do all possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection
- To encourage the organization of independent local specialty clubs in those localities where there are sufficient fanciers of the breed
- To urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by the Hungarian Pumi Club of America as the standard of excellence
- To do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed and to encourage sportsmanlike competition at dog shows, companion events, performance events, and other dog-related activities where the Pumi is suitable to participate.
- To conduct sanctioned matches, specialty shows, and companion and performance events
Membership is open to all persons who are in good standing with The American Kennel Club and who subscribe to the purposes of this club.
Classes of Membership
REGULAR membership shall be open to all persons who are residents in the United States of America who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. A regular member shall have full privileges of the club and shall have the right to vote and shall be eligible to serve on committees and the Board of Directors.
HOUSEHOLD membership shall be open to two (2) adults residing in the same household within the United States of America. Household members shall have the right to vote and shall be eligible to serve on committees and the Board of Directors.
JUNIOR membership shall be offered to persons under the age of 18 years. Such members are not entitled to vote or hold office. They automatically convert to Regular or Foreign Membership upon notifying the Secretary of their 18 th birthday.
FOREIGN membership shall be open to persons who are not residents in the United States of America and who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. This is a non-voting, non-office-holding membership. Foreign members must be in good standing with their respective country’s kennel club.
If you are interested in membership in the Hungarian Pumi Club of America:
1. Download the membership application (see below) and print it out.
2. Fill it in.
3. Make out a check to HPCA for the dues amount (see membership application for amount)
4. Mail it to Karen Tria, HPCA Vice President, 30 Ray St, Bridgewater, NJ 08807.
Affirmative votes of 2/3 of the Board of Directors shall be required to elect an applicant. Sometimes this can take a few weeks, so please be patient.
You must have Adobe Reader to see this application. If you don’t, click on this link to download the Reader first.
Get Adobe Reader