The Hungarian Pumi Club of America is the parent club for the Pumi in the United States. We are not yet fully sanctioned by AKC to hold AKC licensed conformation events, but we do conduct AKC licensed Obedience Trials, Rally Trials, Agility Trials, and Herding Trials and Tests.
- To encourage and promote quality in the breeding of purebred Pumik and to do all possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection
- To encourage the organization of independent local specialty clubs in those localities where there are sufficient fanciers of the breed
- To urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by the Hungarian Pumi Club of America as the standard of excellence
- To do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed and to encourage sportsmanlike competition at dog shows, companion events, performance events, and other dog-related activities where the Pumi is suitable to participate.
- To conduct sanctioned matches, specialty shows, and companion and performance events
- To advance canine health and well-being